THE WAY OF ALL FLESH server

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

predator
Lead Mapper

THE WAY OF ALL FLESH server

Post by predator »

My Transfusion server, called THE WAY OF ALL FLESH, will operate more frequently from now on, so I decided to make a separate thread for all the announcements.

The server is located in Poland, it has a good connection, and should be suitable especially for European players.
Needless to say everyone is welcome! :D

Before you join make sure to download these maps, as they will appear on the server from time to time:

1, 2, 3, 4

Unzip all four files to your basetf directory and you are ready to go.

First start: today, 7PM GMT.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

YESSSS!!!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I AM SO THERE! :D
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Wow, the server has been running for six hours now and Daedalus and Necrosis are still playing!
Hardcore bloodites. :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

It was fun. Really, this is quite awesome, I'll keep playing until I've played through the map rotation at least twice. :wink:

We've both quit now, myself to write this then join my Doom clan in another festival of blood, and DD to go back to level design, "as always."

It went nicely, Predator whooping us both quite often and DD actually winning one (added: by quite a lot as well). Congrats to DD on that. He also did quite well in the Stronghold with proxies. DD also achieved a record low, he kept falling/getting shot into the lava on The Bad Place. -18 by the end of the match. We're both VERY much hating lava now. :lol:

When Twin Fortress came into it, I got -8 setting off all bombs before DD could even get in the game again. We both hate Twin Fortress so we stayed inside. There a truly awesome battle commenced. Myself trapped in the room with the tesla cannon and DD throwing proxies in. I took the strategy of planting many many remote bombs in the doorway so when he opened it to throw a proxy in I could blow him through a wall. This is the result. I had RTWorld on, and it looks quite bad in Twin Fortress:

As the game went on, DD started to get better and better at mastering lag. He put up quite a fight. But when we got the the Cistern, something VERY odd happened. It forced me to comment "A good title for this bloodbath would be 'what the hell-o-l.'"

He suddenly stopped responding to my comments. He didn't move. I figured he went away for a second... But what heppened next I did not expect at all. There were TWO DDs. The second said something along the lines of "Welcome, Neo." Then a THIRD came in, saying "Mr. Anderson, we've come to take from you what you took from us." And even a fourth, though I forget what clever Matrix commentary DD came up with for that one. Even I was duplicated!

(sorry, it's hard to make that out, this is at the point with 3 DDs and 2 mes)

All in all it was am incredibly awesome Bloodbath, it consumed 6 hours of my day, and I'm glad it did. 8)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Good report! Thumbs up! Hell of a lot of fun! Soon I will be the lag god. Yes.

Tchernobog blessed me with the ability to duplicate myself on Cistern! Anyway, I look forward to dying tomorrow! Hopefully a few more can join us for even more carnage! :twisted:
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Well... if the dice rolls right, I just might BE THERE! 8)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yeah, it was great. I'm happy you enjoyed it.
We had great battles. It's a pleasure to recall our one vs one pitchfork battles with Daedalus, and the bloody carnage we had with Necrosis.

I'm going to start the server at 5PM GMT today, and it will be up until 9PM GMT - unfortunately I'll have to close it then.
But worry not - it will operate on weekend as well. :D

If you have any map wishes let them be heard.
I think I'll remove Twin Fortress from the map list, and I'll add more Blood 2 maps, and Death Camp + High Noon as well.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Cool! I'll join in as well!
Perhaps today? I'll be seeing you guys. :)
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Perhaps I will too, but that'd be later today or maybe tomorrow. Where can I find the address of the server? (PM me if necessary please)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Actually you don't need the address - it's a public server (sv_public = 1), so it's enough if you just select Play Online and then Search For Games.
You'll see it on the server list (if it's running of course).
It's name is THE WAY OF ALL FLESH.
da_weezle
Acolyte

Post by da_weezle »

Fair enough. I must still be sleeping...
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

i get 1/6 masters, no servers.

What time, (GMT) will be fragtime??

i'll try and have a 'bath this weekend . ..
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I don't know about bloodbath times during this weekend yet - I'll make a post about it tomorrow.
Today the party is between 5PM and 9PM GMT, as stated before.

My server is not on your list because IT IS NOT RUNNING YET!
It will appear there at 5PM GMT, when it starts.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

ok, coolies.

(i only just got transfusion working on-line - it used to keep crashing)