Artwork: In Loving Memory

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

ThatOneWreath
Rat

Artwork: In Loving Memory

Post by ThatOneWreath »

There is a very sad story behind this one. My dear brother, who died last month at only 19 years of age, made this in Blender some years ago just for fun.
He loved all kinds of oldschool first person shooters, like doom, duke nukem 3d and, of course, blood.
He would have wanted you to see it but he has the attention span of a squirrel and forgot about it (and I did, too, until I went through our old chats).
I have adorned his urn with stickers of the phantasm and that one "In Loving Memory" wreath in the background. Also a doom HUD displaying 0% health, which is admittedly a bit macabre, but he loved dark humor.
I hope this is the right place for his artwork.

Rest in peace, buddy. You will be remembered.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Artwork: In Loving Memory

Post by Tchernobog »

I'm sorry for your loss. Would you like his artwork to be uploaded to the Blood Wiki as well?
ThatOneWreath
Rat

Post by ThatOneWreath »

Yes, please do so. Thanks.

Edit: My brother used a lot of nicks and I am unsure which one to use for credit. Chainfire2003 (his real year of birth) was one he used, but he also used Chainfire1980, something starting with random and Xenix. I think the one first one is the most appropriate.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

It is the least I could do:
https://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php?ti ... emory.jpeg

The forum is not terribly active these days, but I am sure we all do pay our respects. :rip:
ThatOneWreath
Rat

Post by ThatOneWreath »

For those who are curious, this is how I adorned his urn:

The funeral is in almost 2 hours and it gives me solace that you appreciate his work and will remember him. Thank you.