Step right up! Step riggghhht up!

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Step right up! Step riggghhht up!

Post by Daedalus »

Alright alright!! Been too quiet here lately. I'm partially working on my campaign, okay? But you dudes are being quiet too!

Yeah you! :: Points at Slink :: and you! :: Points at Gila :: and you! :: Points at Ed ::

Come on! Let's get some life in here! Bring up discussion, Blood or whatever! Go for it guys... come on come on!

I noticed two bugs in Blood (that will never be fixed). Just for interest's sakes I'll list them here.

If a severed hand grabs a hold of your neck and you hit the F7 button (third-person view), the hand still appears to be around 'your' neck, not Caleb's! :D

If you have guns akimbo and have a sawed-off with two ammo. Pull out the shotgun, you'll be holding one. Put it away and Caleb lowers two sawed-offs out of the screen!

:D :D
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Re: Step right up! Step riggghhht up!

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:Bring up discussion, Blood or whatever! Go for it guys... come on come on!
I was going to do a post on "Reality TV", but then I thought... NAH!
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

i've become addicted to Blood 2. I am not kidding. I've become addicted again, after starting the game playing as Ishmael and racing through about ten levels. I got a copy of Shogo, played two levels, and felt that Blood 2 was looking pretty good in comparison.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

well for the time being i'm in the middle of exams or sort of.

plus i have to rip music from death rally. love that game.

also i've decieded on getting myself 3rd pc just for dos games, maybe some early win ones.
Vulgar
Axe Zombie

Post by Vulgar »

I know what you mean, exams are creeping up on me too. Which wouldent be a problem if I haden't sat disintrested in the back of my classes all year.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Blood 2 is just plain wrong. Incomplete, somehow hollow. The maps were alright, though. :)
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

But you have to admit, cheating to choose your own weapons and then going through the CabalCo office levels in a frenzied inferno of blazing guns, blowing everyone and everything away without so much as a care about who or what you just painted the wall with = fun as hell.
Daedolon
Cultist

Post by Daedolon »

Dopefish wrote:But you have to admit, cheating to choose your own weapons and then going through the CabalCo office levels in a frenzied inferno of blazing guns, blowing everyone and everything away without so much as a care about who or what you just painted the wall with = fun as hell.
Indeed!

That's how Blood II should've been till the end. No-one likes how they just filled it up with all the boring levels and such.
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

Twin-fire in Sawed-off guns akimbo.
Dopefish
Axe Zombie

Post by Dopefish »

The museum was also pretty fun in my opinion, but just the parts with the frantic gunfights.

EDIT: Also, Blood 1 scared me at least once or twice, and had me on the edge of my seat at least once. Even playing through normally, Blood 2 could not recreate that at all, except maybe inside the airship, and that's only because the closed, confined areas with obstructions and sharp corners created a heightened feeling of tension, because you usually couldn't quite know whether or not something was gonna be around the corner.

Unfortunately, this mood is killed once you realize you're fast enough and have enough firepower to destroy whatever it is you encounter.
RottKing
Axe Zombie

Post by RottKing »

Heh, Blood 2 is sort of fun, but so many damn grabbing enemies, especially the bone leech... Ugh, made me stop playing it.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

I believe there are lots of nik naks to like about Blood 2. The Voodoo Doll waving at you, for example. Oh, and I liked the Orb weapon's alternative fire too.

I'm not going to begin on the "lots of nik naks to dislike about Blood 2"...
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

;)